Office Manager / GHG Analyst – Montreal
Looking for an opportunity to grow your skills in corporate sustainability and join a team of climate change experts?
Ecometrica’s Montreal office has a full time position available for an office manager / greenhouse gas (GHG) analyst who is interested in contributing to helping organizations measure their impacts on climate change and report on their sustainability performance.
Ecometrica is an SME, with offices in Canada, the UK and the USA, that brings together a team of experienced sustainability consultants and analysts and a team of developers to deliver innovative software solutions for the measurement of ecosystem metrics to an international clientele of companies, NGOs and governments.
Our team of analysts has been working with a wide array of clients from various industries, from S&P-listed companies to education institutions and NGOs, and has helped shape the climate accounting and reporting practice into the professional field it has become through their involvement in standard-making.
You will be working with a small bilingual team of great, young, very smart like-minded scientific analysts and software developers in an open area office in the Mile End.
If you have a background in science, are smart, fun, love numbers, have a sharp mind, outstanding attention to detail and organisational skills and a solid work ethic, read further…we’d love to hear from you.
The position is two-fold; on the one hand, you’ll be responsible for standard office and administrative support tasks, and on the other hand, you’ll be supporting our greenhouse gas assessments and database management tasks.
Both aspects of the role are key, and will allow you to work with various groups within the company. It is expected that over time, the greenhouse gas analysis tasks will become increasingly important as you become more familiar with our line of work.
Administrative duties include:
- Overseeing of day-to-day facility and business needs
- Answering the main line
- Ordering office supplies and materials
- Liaising with our finance team on accounting and other matters
- Handling mail
- Managing absences
- Liaising and coordinating with our suppliers
- Coordinating of administrative processes to ensure the smooth running of our operations
- Organizing office lunches and get-together
- Coordinating translations with suppliers where needed and occasionally translating our materials and tools from English to French (occasional)
- Monitoring of pertinent events, webinars and news
- Undertaking other tasks to support our teams as required
GHG analyst tasks will include:
- Assisting our senior analysts in conducting greenhouse gas emissions assessments, including participation in calls with clients, calculations, and conducting ad-hoc research
- Updating our software platform’s extensive database of emissions factors and statistical data, including:
- Researching and selecting relevant climate change and energy related data
- Putting selected data in appropriate format for integration on our platform
- Testing of uploaded factors and data to ensure correct functionality
- Performing testing tasks on our software platform
- Monitoring best practices
- Assisting the team in all related tasks
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be perfectly fluent in French and English (written and spoken)
- Have experience in administrative support tasks, and basic knowledge of accounting,
- Be a recent graduate in a field relevant to Ecometrica’s line or work, such as environmental sciences, or statistics
- Have a demonstrated interest in environmental sciences and sustainable development matters
- Be extremely attentive to detail
- Be proficient with numbers and able to critically appraise the relevance and accuracy of data
- Possess strong research and data analytics skills
- Be a fast learner
- Be self-motivated, solution-focused and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Possess excellent computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Have outstanding multi-tasking and time management skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a strong work ethic
We strongly believe you’ll fall in love with the team we have here, and the folks in Edinburgh, and that you will love working here as much as we do.
We are looking for a serious and motivated candidate who will grow with us and stay for the long run.
- Full time, permanent position, $38,000 per annum
- Generous employee benefits package following three months of successful employment, including an insurance package, a retirement savings plan with employer contributions and 27 paid annual vacation days
- Expected start date: Early July 2019
Please send your resume and cover letter, written in English, as well as a one-page text written in French describing the advantages of using web-based software to manage a company’s greenhouse gas emissions to the attention of Vanessa Boudreau-Sannier, COO, North America, no later than June 15th at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications will be considered.
Ecometrica is committed to diversity and inclusion, and welcomes applications from members of visible minorities, ethnic minorities, indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities.
All candidates must be legally entitled to work in Québec.
We thank you for your interest but please do not call the office. We will contact you if your application is selected.