“We recruit top-level graduates from leading universities with skills in statistical methods and communication. Our work environment encourages critical thinking and careful interpretation of data and assumptions.”
Client Relationship Manager, North America – Montreal
Are you passionate about helping organizations improve their climate change and sustainability performance? Ecometrica has an opportunity for a talented Client Relationship Manager to join our Montreal team and contribute to our North American customer’s success, on a permanent, full-time basis.
This is an immediate job opening for someone who:
- Is apt at building trust to attract, retain and maintain strong relationships with clients and partners
- Can confidently act as a subject matter expert in the field of climate change and sustainability
- Is focused on customer success
- Is able to understand the needs and challenges of clients, and identify suitable solutions
- Has outstanding project management skills
- Has a positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Communicates effectively in English and French
- Is legally authorized to work in Canada
If that sounds like you, then Ecometrica is a phenomenal place for you to be a valued contributor to the success of our customers while working and collaborating with an international team of friendly, dedicated colleagues.
Ecometrica provides leading out-of-the-box SaaS solutions that help companies understand and ultimately act upon their climate change and sustainability impacts by turning complex data into easy-to-grasp insights.
Our tools distill our team’s expertise in climate change, GHG accounting, sustainability reporting and environmental mapping to provide added-value solutions to our clients, which include some of the world’s largest organisations. Whether they want to obtain accurate GHG accounts, confidently report on their performance, understand their exposure to climate risks or set science-based targets, Ecometrica is there to help deliver high quality, accurate, transparent, and accessible solutions.
Corporate sustainability is a fast-growing space, which presents huge opportunities for the company and its customers. As a client manager, you’ll be responsible for attracting, retaining and building strong relationships with our clients and partners by providing superior client service.
Reporting to the CEO North America and working closely with the Global Head of Client Services and our team of analysts and developers, the client manager will:
- Work with customers in a consultancy role to understand their business challenges, identify opportunities and maintain customer confidence and satisfaction
- Manage and take responsibility for all aspects of the customer’s account, including defining solutions that best fit our customers’ needs, managing projects and negotiating renewals
- Coordinate all activities, liaising with other departments as necessary, including our analyst and software development teams
- Oversee project management and system implementations for customers, liaising with the project team and attending internal and external project meetings as required
- Ensure the delivery of all services according to the service level agreement
- Organise regular meetings with customers to manage the account and identify new engagement opportunities
- Ensure that all customer meetings are documented appropriately with minutes and actions followed up in a timely manner
- Assist the sales team with demonstrations of Ecometrica’s systems as required
- Contribute to our growth by attracting new customers and building new partnerships
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices in the field of climate change and GHG accounting and provide feedback to our product development team where needed
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Ecometrica’s products and services
Core competencies, skills, experience:
- Solid working knowledge of climate change, GHG accounting standards and practice, and corporate social responsibility
- Outstanding client management/ customer service skills preferably gained delivering services to large listed companies
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Advanced skills for building proposals, cross-selling, upselling and marketing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Networking and relationship building skills
- Presentation and proposal-writing experience
- A talent for listening, negotiating and establishing trust while crafting solutions for clients
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work on own initiative and self-motivate
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Organisational / time management skills
Additional competencies, skills, experience (one or more preferable):
- Sciences background
- Experience delivering climate change solutions to corporate customers
- Experience working in a SaaS business
- Knowledge of the following frameworks: TCFD, Science Based-Targets, CDP, SASB
- Experience in the field of earth observation
- Strong research and analytical skills
- An established network of contacts in Canada and/or the USA
- Fluent in French and English
We’re looking for a serious and highly motivated candidate who will stay with us for the long run.
Why do you want to work with us?
- Meaningful work – Contribute to the enhancing the sustainability performance of our clients
- Career development – We’re a fast-growing company with plenty of opportunities for growth
- Long term prospects – We are in one of the few growth markets
- Great experience – You will gain exposure to some of the largest companies in North America and the UK
- Location – We’re based in Montreal with offices in the vibrant Mile End, offering a view of the Mountain and a roof terrace!
- Great team – We’re a small team of dedicated, smart, sustainability-minded people located in Montreal, London and Edinburgh
- Great conditions – We offer 27 paid vacation days per year (in addition to the 8 statutory holidays) from year 1, an excellent health and dental insurance package, sick and compassionate leave, a retirement savings plan with matching contributions, and flexible work arrangements
Please submit your CV, a motivation letter highlighting the unique qualities you bring, as well as a short text (no more than one page) highlighting how Ecometrica helps customers report to the CDP as soon as possible, or before June 7th, 2021 at: email@example.com.
Ecometrica is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from members of underrepresented groups, including visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others. We also aim to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
**Note for Agencies: Thank you for your interest in Ecometrica, however, we do not currently use agencies **
Please note that due to high numbers of applicants we will only contact the candidates who have been selected for an interview. Please do not call the office.
Ecometrica creates intelligent software-as-a-service solutions to accurately measure the impact of operations on the environment.
We provide market-leading greenhouse gas, natural capital accounting and sustainability management and reporting tools. Our solutions help companies mitigate risk and identify opportunities relating to the management of natural capital in direct operations and the supply chain.
Our mission is to bring clarity to environmental data by delivering accurate, complete and relevant information faster and more efficiently than anyone else.
We have global reach with offices in London, Edinburgh and Montreal. Our clients are leading organisations from private, public and non-profit sectors.
Ecometrica is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Our aim for our workforce is that each employee feels respected and is provided with an outlet to give their best.