“We recruit top-level graduates from leading universities with skills in statistical methods and communication. Our work environment encourages critical thinking and careful interpretation of data and assumptions.”
Are you passionate about helping organisations improve their climate change and sustainability performance? Ecometrica has an opportunity for a talented Graduate Client Relationship Manager to join our Edinburgh team and contribute to the success of the UK business development (sales) team, on a permanent, full-time basis.
This is an immediate job opening for someone who:
- Is adept at building trust to attract, retain and maintain strong relationships
- Has knowledge or experience in the field of climate change and corporate sustainability
- Is focused on customer success and providing excellent customer services in a friendly consultative manner
- Can demonstrate commercial awareness and negotiation skills
- Has a positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Enjoys helping organisations achieve their sustainability goals
- Is legally authorized to work in the United Kingdom
If that sounds like you, then Ecometrica is a phenomenal place for you to be a valued contributor to the success of our customers while working and collaborating with an international team of friendly, dedicated colleagues.
Ecometrica provides leading out-of-the-box SaaS solutions that help companies understand and ultimately act upon their climate change and sustainability impacts by turning complex data into easy-to-grasp insights.
Our tools distill our team’s expertise in climate change, GHG accounting, sustainability reporting and environmental mapping to provide added-value solutions to our clients, which include some of the world’s largest organisations. Whether they want to obtain accurate GHG accounts, confidently report on their performance, understand their exposure to climate risks or set science-based targets, Ecometrica is there to help deliver high quality, accurate, transparent, and accessible solutions.
Corporate sustainability is a fast-growing space, which presents huge opportunities for the company and its customers. As a Client Relationship Manager, you’ll be responsible for attracting, retaining and building strong relationships with our clients and partners by providing superior client service.
Reporting to the Global Head of Client Services and working closely with the business development team and our team of analysts and developers, the Client Relationship Manager will:
- Work with customers to understand their business challenges, identify opportunities and maintain customer confidence and satisfaction.
- Manage and take responsibility for all aspects of the customer’s account, including defining solutions that best fit our customers’ needs, managing projects and negotiating renewals and upsells.
- Coordinate all activities, liaising with other departments as necessary, including our sustainability analyst and software development teams.
- Ensure the delivery of all services according to the service level agreement.
- Organise regular meetings with customers to manage the account and identify new engagement opportunities.
- Ensure that all customer meetings are documented appropriately with minutes and actions followed up in a timely manner.
- Assist the sales team with demonstrations of Ecometrica’s systems as required.
- Contribute to our growth by selling to new customers and building new partnerships.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of best practices in the field of climate change and GHG accounting and provide feedback to our product development team where needed.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Ecometrica’s products and services.
Core competencies, skills, experience:
- Knowledge of climate change, GHG accounting standards and practice, and corporate social responsibility
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communicator
- Networking and relationship building skills
- Comfortable presenting to a range of stakeholders including non-experts
- A talent for listening, negotiating and establishing trust while crafting solutions for clients
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work on own initiative and self-motivate
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong work ethic and organisational/time management skills
- Strong command of English, both verbally and in writing
Additional competencies, skills, experience (one or more preferable):
- Knowledge of the following frameworks: TCFD, Science Based-Targets, CDP, SASB
- Experience in the field of earth observation
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Fluency in a second language would be an advantage
Interested but not sure whether you meet all the criteria? Contact us anyway. We’re looking for a serious and highly motivated candidate who has great interpersonal skills, is willing to learn and will stay with us for the long run.
Why do you want to work with us?
- Meaningful work – Contribute to the enhancing the sustainability performance of our clients
- Career development – We’re a fast-growing company with plenty of opportunities for growth
- Long term prospects – We are in one of the few growth markets
- Great experience – You will gain exposure to some of the largest companies in the UK, Europe and North America
- Location – We’re based in Edinburgh with offices a few minutes from the town centre and a great cafe onsite
- Great team – We’re a small team of dedicated, smart, sustainability-minded people located in Montreal, London and Edinburgh
- Great conditions – We offer 27 paid vacation days per year (in addition to the 8 statutory holidays) from year 1, excellent health benefits, sick and compassionate leave, a retirement savings plan with matching contributions, and flexible work arrangements
Please submit the following to email@example.com :
- your CV,
- a motivation letter highlighting the unique qualities you bring, and
- a short text (300 – 400 words) on what sets Ecometrica apart from its competitors
Ecometrica is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from members of underrepresented groups, including visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others. We also aim to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
** No agencies please **
Please note that due to high numbers of applicants we will only contact the candidates who have been selected for an interview. Please do not call the office.
Ecometrica is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Our aim for our workforce is that each employee feels respected and is provided with an outlet to give their best.