“We recruit top-level graduates from leading universities with skills in statistical methods and communication. Our work environment encourages critical thinking and careful interpretation of data and assumptions.”
Junior Backend Developer
Who are we?
We are a fast paced, continually evolving company which builds intelligent software that helps with addressing climate change. Through our software we provide market-leading sustainability and Environmental, Social, and Government (ESG) products to assist companies with creating accurate environmental reports. Our mission is to bring clarity by delivering accurate, complete, and relevant information faster and more efficiently than anyone else. We have global reach with offices in London, Edinburgh and Montreal. Our clients are leading organisations from private, public and non-profit sectors. Our leaders are influential – some recent press about them in Societegenerale.
Who are we looking for?
At Ecometrica we value people who are curious, take the initiative and are proactive in solving problems. If you don’t have all of the skills / experience mentioned below, but can demonstrate an ability to learn and develop on the job, we still want to hear from you.
A back-end developer, who is a fluent English speaker, and has the legal right to work in the UK or Canada.
We expect applicants to clearly demonstrate:
- Competence in software development (e.g. a project’s codebase that we can browse)
- Ability to work as part of a team (e.g. from your education or previous work experience)
- Ability to see the big picture – for example explaining
- What is the impact of your work to a particular domain or to the end-user
- What is the commercial value of your work
- Good level of maturity, emotional intelligence along with excellent time and organisational skills
- Ability to form effective and respectful working relationships across an organisation
Your application will benefit significantly from demonstrating knowledge of using some of the following tools: AWS, LINUX, Python, SQL, Unit tests
What will you be doing?
- You will be part of a friendly and collaborative team where you will help design and build web applications
- You will be mentored by senior and mid-career developers
- You will work in a relaxed and flexible working environment that will allow you to manage your own time and workload.
What are we offering?
- A salary based on experience starting at £27,000 GBP (UK-based) or $50,000 CAD (Canada-based)
- 27 paid vacation days per year plus eight statutory holidays from year one
- Enhanced sick leave and compassionate leave
- Excellent health and dental insurance package
- Flexible working arrangements (e.g. compressed week, flexible hours)
- Retirement savings plan including company’s contribution
- Continuous professional development (i.e. Pluralsight)
- New laptop with choice of Linux or Mac
How to apply?
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, demonstrating how your skills and experience fit the person specification described in the “Who are we looking for” section.
Ecometrica is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from members of visible minorities, indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others. We also aim to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
**Note for Agencies: Thank you for your interest in Ecometrica, however, we do not currently use agencies **
Please note that due to high numbers of applicants we will only contact the candidates who have been selected for an interview. Please do not call the office.
Ecometrica is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Our aim for our workforce is that each employee feels respected and is provided with an outlet to give their best.