“We recruit top-level graduates from leading universities with skills in statistical methods and communication. Our work environment encourages critical thinking and careful interpretation of data and assumptions.”
Role – Sustainability Analyst
Location – this role is based in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Closing Date – August 1st, 2022
Start Date – as soon as we find the right candidate
To Apply – please read below and apply directly via our website
Who is Ecometrica?
Ecometrica is a global SME SaaS company headquartered in Edinburgh (UK) with offices in London (UK) and Montreal (Canada). We provide organisations with a complete, future proofed and scalable suite of easy-to-use sustainability management tools to suit their own particular needs which is cleverly housed on our own proprietary platform. We believe in creating transparency by providing robust data to allow our clients to make intelligent decisions and set accurate goals. We pride ourselves on the service and value we bring our clients. We are in it for the long haul forging meaningful, long lasting relationships; which is why we have been around for over 13 years.
Why Work at Ecometrica?
You would be working for a leading sustainability company with global reach and the recipient of numerous awards and accolades.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Climate change is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of sustainability. Our team is empathetic, caring, and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of team and culture that we are building, seeking people that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other’s growth.
We are also very proud of the working environment and ethic we have honed over the years. We provide a flexible approach to working within a very collaborative “one team” environment. We don’t stick to rigid job descriptions; whilst we all have our main responsibilities, our employees find themselves collaborating across the various areas of the company. We are doers, we all muck in and do what needs to be done. We work hard and are very driven, but also actively support a mutually beneficial work/life balance.
What are we looking for?
We want people who will thrive within an SME environment. Yes, we want high performing people who are kind, empathetic, respectful, responsive and good at actively building effective professional working relationships, but we need people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and think commercially; people who are comfortable coming forward with great ideas of how to continue evolving our products, no matter what your role is, in a way that will fit our clients’ needs not just today but, in the years to come. You do not need to be an extrovert, just happy to have a chat and share your good ideas. We also need people who like to have a laugh and some fun along the way, who are not put off by setbacks but have the tenacity to stick with things to find not just a solution, but the best solution by collaborating with team members across the business and actively listening. We want to hear your ideas but for you to understand that not all ideas will be taken on, so the emotional intelligence and ability to understand different peoples’ roles and perspectives is vital. We are all here working together for the success of the company. Working this way also means that the on-the-job training and work experiences we offer are top notch. We want to take the skills you have and develop them in a way that not only helps the company but prepares you for when you are ready to move onto the next chapter of your career, whether that is with us or somewhere else.
Being in the business we are, we also take our own climate change efforts very seriously, and as with most things, tend to punch above our weight in our efforts to ensure we are doing all we can to minimise our own impact as a business.
Tasks will include:
- Delivery of organisational, product and events greenhouse gas assessment services, including GHG calculations, emissions estimation modelling, and quality assurance review of client data.
- Liaising with our clients and partners, including consulting sustainability assessment scoping, answering technical and project management queries, helping clients report on their sustainability performance.
- Assisting clients with mandatory and voluntary public forum reporting such as SECR and CDP
- Conducting ad-hoc research on sustainability and climate change standards, emission sources, and other topics as needed.
- Contributing to testing and providing recommendations on new features for our online tool for corporate sustainability reporting.
- Updating our extensive database of emissions factors and statistical data.
- Other tasks as needed
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a graduate in a field relevant to Ecometrica’s line or work, such as environmental sciences or statistics.
- Be familiar with GHG reporting and GHG reporting standards.
- Love numbers and be proficient with modelling/estimating data.
- Be able to critically appraise the relevance and accuracy of data.
- Have demonstrated strong interest in environmental sciences, climate change or sustainable development matters.
- Be extremely attentive to detail and rigorous.
- Possess strong research and analytical skills.
- Be fluent in English.
- Be confident and comfortable in learning new skills within a fast-paced environment
- Have outstanding multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Possess excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Have a strong work ethic, be commercially minded and possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (written and spoken) with a confident, friendly and professional approach.
- A working knowledge of the main corporate GHG and sustainability reporting standards, and experience working in a consultancy are additional assets but not necessary to apply.
We strongly believe you’ll fall in love with the team we have here, and that you will love working here as much as we do.
- Position status: Full time, permanent position.
- Generous employee benefits package following three months of successful employment, including a health insurance package, a retirement savings plan with employer contributions, and 27 paid annual vacation days plus 8 statutory holidays per year (That’s a total of 35 days every year from Day 1 and we encourage employees to use them up as we are serious about ensuring our employees have a good work/life balance)
- Flexible working hours, including hybrid working approach to work from home and office as well the option to choose to work a compressed 4 day week.
- Lovely, modern offices with good amenities to have those great watercooler conversations with your colleagues!
- Expected start date: as soon as possible.
We encourage you to apply before the deadline, as we would like to fill the position as soon as possible. Please send your CV and cover letter, as well as a one short text (no more than one page) describing the advantages of using web-based software to manage a company’s greenhouse gas emissions to the attention of Bertil Abbing, Head of Sustainability Analysts, no later than August 1st: email@example.com.
From Ecometrica’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.
Finally, we look forward to hearing from you! Please remember to include all requested information in your application as incomplete applications will unfortunately not be considered.
*IMPORTANT – Please note you must possess the Right to Work at the location stated along with the appropriate documentation at the time of application.
Ecometrica is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Our aim for our workforce is that each employee feels respected and is provided with an outlet to give their best.