Start Date – ASAP
To Apply – Please read below and apply directly via our website
Who is Ecometrica?
Ecometrica is a global SME SaaS company headquartered in Edinburgh (UK) with offices in London (UK) and Montreal (Canada) . We provide organisations with a complete, future proofed and scalable suite of easy-to-use climate change tools to suit their own particular needs which is cleverly housed on our own proprietary platform. We believe in creating transparency by providing robust data to allow our clients to make intelligent decisions and set accurate goals. We pride ourselves on the service and value we bring our clients. We are in it for the long haul forging meaningful, long lasting relationships; which is why we have been around for over 14 years.
Why Work at Ecometrica?
You would be working for a leading sustainability company with global reach and the recipient of numerous awards and accolades.
We value diversity — in backgrounds and in experiences. Climate change is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds and swaths of life to help build the future of sustainability. Our team is empathetic, caring, and supportive. We are deliberate and self-reflective about the kind of team and culture that we are building, seeking people that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other’s growth.
We are also very proud of the working environment and ethic we have honed over the years. We provide a flexible approach to working within a very collaborative “one team” environment. We don’t stick to rigid job descriptions; whilst we all have our main responsibilities, our employees find themselves collaborating across the various areas of the company. We are doers, we all muck in and do what needs to be done. We work hard and are very driven, but also actively support a mutually beneficial work/life balance.
What are we looking for?
We want people who will thrive within an SME environment. Yes, we want high performing people who are kind, empathetic, respectful, responsive and good at actively building effective professional working relationships, but we need people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and think commercially; people who are comfortable coming forward with great ideas of how to continue evolving our products, no matter what your role is, in a way that will fit our clients needs not just today but, in the years to come.
Tasks will include:
The role in the finance team will include the three-year qualification as a Chartered Accountant under the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), including 15 exams and over 450 practical days’ work. The role will encompass all aspects of an SME’s finance department, including: preparation of monthly management accounts, annual financial statements, banks, debtor and creditor reconciliations, payroll, tax calculations and cashflow management in both the UK and North America. The role will also include some project management and an introduction to Greenhouse Gas accounting that forms a key part of our software.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a graduate – any discipline considered.
- Love numbers and be proficient with modelling/estimating data.
- Be able to critically appraise the relevance and accuracy of data..
- Be extremely attentive to detail and rigorous.
- Possess strong research and analytical skills.
- Be confident and comfortable in learning new skills within a fast-paced environment
- Have outstanding multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Possess excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Have a strong work ethic, be commercially minded and possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (written and spoken) with a confident, friendly and professional approach.
- Position status: Full time, permanent position, starting salary from £25k
- Enrolment in the ICAEW training program
- Study support including tuition fees, material and time off to study
- Generous employee benefits package following three months of successful employment, including a health insurance package, a retirement savings plan with employer contributions, and 27 paid annual vacation days plus 8 statutory holidays per year (That’s a total of 35 days every year from Day 1 and we encourage employees to use them up as we are serious about ensuring our employees have a good work/life balance)
- Flexible working hours, including hybrid working approach to work from home and office as well the option to choose to work a compressed 4 day week.
- Lovely, modern offices with good amenities to have those great watercooler conversations with your colleagues!
- Expected start date: ASAP.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Luke Harris, Group Finance Director: email@example.com.
From Ecometrica’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility.
Finally, we look forward to hearing from you! Please remember to include all requested information in your application as incomplete applications will unfortunately not be considered.
*IMPORTANT – Please note you must possess the Right to Work at the location stated along with the appropriate documentation at the time of application.
** No agencies please **
Please note that due to high numbers of applicants we will only contact the candidates who have been selected for an interview. Please do not call the office.