Congratulations to all our clients reporting to CDP on their 2023 results.
The 2023 CDP scores have just been released and we want to say congratulations to all our customers and analysts who put in so much work putting together their disclosures. In 2023, we helped over 25 of our customers report to the Climate Change, Water and Forest disclosure schemes with many of them improving their scores. As we are an accredited CDP Gold partner and have been since 2013, we have enabled multiple companies to optimise their CDP scores over the years.
CDP (formerly known as the Carbon Disclosure Project) is a sustainability reporting framework that allows companies to disclose environmental information with the same rigour as financial information. Investors are increasingly using this information to inform their investment decisions. The CDP scoring system ranks as follows:
- F: Failure to disclose, any company that fails to report to the CDP framework
- D-/D: Disclosure, this demonstrates a starting point for companies who have just begun to report to the CDP and have yet to have an opportunity to improve their sustainability strategy but have the initiative to begin one.
- C-/C: Awareness, the reporting organisation has an awareness-level engagement on how environmental risks may affect their business and how their business might affect the environment.
- B-/B: Management, companies with a B-/B score indicate that they have a solid understanding of how to manage their environmental impact but are not leaders in the space.
- A-/A: Leadership, organisations achieving an A score when reporting to the CDP have demonstrated that they are leaders in their disclosures on climate change, deforestation or water security. These CDP respondents go above and beyond by following other frameworks and standards such as the TCFD (Taskforce for Climate-related Financial Disclosure) framework, reporting to forest due diligence regulations, or setting science-based targets.
A company that achieves a CDP score of B or above will be much more attractive to investors, as they demonstrate a robust approach to managing their environmental impact. However, reporting to the CDP, like disclosing financial information, is time consuming and often requires lots of resource to extract and collate data. Also, keeping up with all the ever-changing requirements and developments within the sustainability reporting space makes it even harder to receive a high CDP score for your company.
We are CDP’s only Gold Partner across all three of their programmes (Climate, Forests & Water). Ecometrica (part of EcoOnline Global) has been working with CDP since its inception in 2007. Our team of Sustainability Analysts and Software Developers are subject matter experts in the world of sustainability, mapping and business intelligence, working with governments and multinational businesses and contributing to the formation of international standards.
Our award-winning software collates and extracts data in a format ready for submission to the CDP, formatted to reflect the current CDP questionnaire, including all the key figures needed across climate, water and forests.
Every client is assigned an expert analyst who will be with them at every step of the way; from implementation onto the software and historical data loading, to CDP’s submission support, including acting as a third party to review their disclosure before submission.
Read more here.